From: syed faiz ahmad [mailto:syedfaiz23(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 2:16 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: nmoore(--nospam--at)innercite.com
Subject: RE: Destruction of Kurram Village, Afghanistan

Neil Moore,

I appreciate your response on the subject. Masroor probably made a mistake
by posting a politically sounded clip on this purely technical forum. I
can't imagine what was his actual motive. At first instance it sounds he
vented his feelings against bombing of innocent civilians but on the other
thought, as I gathered, he was in all sincerity trying to make a point that
bombing innocent civilian is not justified, in the same manner as there
can't be any justification for terror attacks on WTC & Washington.

But iam equally disgusted to read responses of our learned structural
engineers, to name a few, Stan & Matthew etc.

Their approach is macho & movie like. Such style simply exposes them &
brings out their true feelings. They may have justification for this linear
thinking of theirs but it is against all civilized norms.

Please donot construe I favor what Bin Laden & his Associates (although
there yet to be a credible evidence in favor) did on the 11th. of September.

I abhore all these like most Muslims the world over do. But I'll also not
condone the language, tone & tenor of our friends like Stan & Matthew etc.
This simply transmits (to whoever concerned) the deep down hatred that some
people in the west unnecessarily have against Islam & the Muslims at large.
In simple words, I would call these comments (by the afore mentioned
gentlemen) as hate remarks, racist & bullying/macho like, especially when
Stan is threatening to bomb the house of our friend Masroor.

With this I would end, but before that would take this opportunity to
caution (without mincing words) Stan, Matthew & others alike to refrain from

such style of expression. Best regards to all.

SYED FAIZ AHMAD; MENGG, MASCE
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
SAUDI OGER LTD
RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA.