From: Rick.Drake(--nospam--at)Fluor.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Let's Change The Topic
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:02:04 -0700

I think we should drop all the discussion regarding religion and politics.
They are sensitive topics, even in calmer times, and very few people change
their opinions during the discussions.

Let's talk about less controversial Structural topics like:

* ASD vs LRFD.

* Conventional light-frame construction vs. code seismic requirements.

* ASCE 7-95 vs ASCE 7-98 wind.

* National SE licensing

* IBC vs. NFPA 5000

Regards,