Re: Need A500 Grade C Tube

Which of the A500C's are you looking for??
Fy = 46ksu and Fu=62ksi? See below. You amy be able to review the mill
test reports and find a batch that meets your yeild strength or
ultimate values.

AISC ASD 9th Edition on Page 1-91 and 1-92 states:
Cold Formed Steel ASTM Spec.
A 500 Grade A Fy min yield = 33ksi, Fu min Tensile = 45ksi Note 1
A 500 Grade B Fy Min yield = 42ksi, Fu min tensile = 58ksi Note 1
A 500 Grade C Fy min yield = 46ksi, Fu min tensile = 62ksi Note 1
A 500 Grade A Fy min yield = 39ksi, Fu min Tensile = 45ksi Note 1
A 500 Grade B Fy min yield = 46ksi, Fu min Tensile = 58ksi Note 2
A 500 Grade C Fy min yield = 50ksi, Fu min Tensile = 62ksi Note 1
Note 1 Available in Mill Quantities Only
Note 2 Normally Stocked in Local Steel Service Centers.

Pax e Gratia
Bob Ross
Robert P. Ross, P.E.
Principal Project Manager