Re: Drift requirements for industrial buildings

John

I would suggest that, as a minimum, the code story drifts should be
looked at as the minimum acceptable for any structure regardless of
whether its industrial or not.  The second question that should be asked
is if drift limitations are relaxed or eliminated all together what
impact would this have on the contents of the building? This could have
a substantial impact on mechanical or processing systems that are
supported within the building.  These systems, which are probably why
this is an industrial building, may have a more stringent drift
requirement than the code.

--
Forrest T. Braun, P.E.