IBC seismic special inspection of wood lateral force resisting sy stems

Ladies:

I thought I would be politically correct since some people on the list have
been complaining.  IBC 1707.3 requires "periodic special inspection for
nailing, bolting, anchoring and other fastening of components within the
seismic force resisting system of wood buildings, including drag struts,
braces and hold-downs."

The only exception is for R-3 occupancies per IBC 1704.   I have required
special inspection for structural wood lateral resisting systems for several
permits reviewed under the IBC code without complaint.

Does the IBC only intend drag struts, braces and hold-downs with this
wording?  Should the periodic special inspection also include shearwall
nailing, floor nailing, roof nailing, anchor bolts, shearwall bottom plate
connections, shearwall top plate connections, ect...?

Thanks,

Scott M Haan P.E.
Plan Review Engineer
Building Safety Division