RE: Destruction of Kurram Village, Afghanistan

        Why does ObL and Al Queda have the ability to recruit, not only the
hopeless
        destitute poor, but talented, well trained people to willingly kill
        themselves while they kill civilians in a foreign land?  It is
certainly not
        because they begrudge us our freedoms, as our President implied in
his
        speech -- could it be because they are seeking freedom, opportunity
and self
        determination for themselves, their nations and their families?
That sounds
        like an American idea to me -- but could it be?

I do not agree...they, like the samurai fifty five years before, have been
told they
Will be in paradise with a multitude of virgins if they die in battle (0r
presumably, a
Cowardly sneak attack).
They are only pawns.
Their "spoiled brat" leadership is convinced that the only true society is
one
Of oppressive Islam where THEY reign supreme...using religion to frighten
the people.
( the catholic church wrote the book on this tactic)

They remind me of the rich kids I knew at college, mocking their parent's
wealth while they
Protested against the government and drove around in BMWs.

        Why does the American money that goes to the Arabian peninsula and
other
        Arab countries not get past the wealthy to reach the destitute poor?

Because in spite of all their Islamic teachings, the Arabs are as greedy and
selfish as the rest of us.

Why do
        we keep sending it there anyway?

See above.

        Why are American troops needed in the Country in which millions of
Muslim
        pilgrims visit the holiest sites of Islam?  Is it to protect access
        inexpensive fuel?  Is the cost turning out to be higher than we
thought?

Western troops have been on the Arabian peninsula since WWII
Bin Laden's family (a Saudi construction company) built the bases and
airfields, btw.

        Why does McWorld need to force itself past national boundaries to
undermine
        and erode age-old cultural values?  Is it so  that big business can
make big
        bucks?  Is that really in our best interest?

This may be a big surprise to you, but we do live in a global economy.
Instead of asking the government, try asking the CEO's of Ford, Nike, GM,
etc....
They are looking for cheap labor and no OHSA regulations!

        Why don't our leaders tell us that these are important questions
that we as
        a nation should be talking about until we get good answers?

They won't answer the questions because they are W's friends in big business
and the oil companies.

        Why don't our leaders tell us that these are important questions
that we as
        a nation should be talking about until we get good answers?  That is
        purposely repeated question, and I'll say it again

        Why don't our leaders tell us that these are important questions
that we as
        a nation should be talking about until we get good answers?.

        Justice has two sides right now.  We need to get ObL and dismantle
Al Queda,
        but that is only one side of Justice.

        Nels Roselund
        Structural Engineer