From: Haan, Scott M. [mailto:HaanSM(--nospam--at)ci.anchorage.ak.us]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 7:24 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: Terrorism - Patton versus Montgomery

        "Really??...what about all the scenes Monty and Patton were shown
arriving
in liberated towns at nearly the same time?"

My recollection of the movie "Patton" was that Patton always got thier
first, while Montgomery was taking his time.  Take the Mecina? Sicily scene
where Patton had the band playing for Monty when Monty got there or the
scene where Patton rushes to the rescue of 101 at San Lowe? excuse the
misspelling, must have got up for another beer] during the Battle of the
Bulge while Monty was dismantling V-1s in Belgium.

On another level watch "Saving Private Ryan".  I can't remember seeing
anyone other then Germans and Americans fighting in that movie.

Scott M Haan P.E.
Plan Review Engineer
Building Safety Division
Development Services Department