Re: America Under Attack/esp. response to George

My respected friend George,

You have a computer & a lot of time at your disposal so you may write about me whatever you like; caz it doesn't cost any thing to do that.

Trust me, I can also write equal number of paragraphs full of nasty words but I would rather not indulge into this.

George, I don't need to explain to you my position vis-a-vis the currentissue but one thing I must make it clear to you here all over again, although I have done that already on previous occasion. There is one principle issue; the attack on US on Sept-11,2001. Trust me I condemen it with my whole heart & with my full conviction; there is NO justification at all for this ghastly act of terror. My sympathy & condolences go out to the family, friends & neighbours of all those innocent men & women who perished on that day. May Allah rest their soul in eternal peace, amen!

Secondly, I have no sympathy for Bin laden & his associates whatsoever. They have their own axes to grind, I suppose.

Third, Iam a great admirer of America (US) as a nation obviously for their remarkable achievements in all walks of live & for their notable contributions towards service of the humanity at large.

Fourth, I can imagine, these days the feelings in the US are running high. You as a nation have been challenged with unprecedented security threats. The US so has a right to self defence. You have a right to go after the criminals & bring them to justice. There is no two opinion about that.

So, you can now understand Iam not contesting all these that are mentioned by me above.

But, I was drawn into this issue (which I couldn't resist) when I read some cheap remarks (with supports from some opportunists who love to get kicks out of cheap thrills & who love to ride on others back/shoulder for their own sinister satisfaction, you know what I mean?) & had to write my own true feelings about the whole situation, which might have offended you or somebody else on this LIST. I think I was engaged in purely intellectual discussions & exchange of free opinions & ideas with each other on the issue. I never had any intention, from the outset, of engaging into mud slinging or personal abuses & sarcastic remarks on our fellow Structural Engineers. But, if you are following the threads, you must have noticed the language, tone & tenor and the style of expression from some of us on the LIST. These were not right from any standards of decency. I simply responded to abhore all these, caz I couldn't take it. My intention was never otherwise.

More over, I did express my reservation about bombings of innocent civilians in Afghanistan. This was my true internal feelings as a human being. My crime is I expressed my true feelings & opinions rather freely. You and any body else have all the right to not agree with me. But in that process, I believe we shouldn't scoop so low as to start threatening & using abusive languages against each other. This is where I beg to differ from you, sir with all due respect.

But again, like I said in the beginning, its your right to write whatever you feel like, caz it doen't cost you any thing to do that. But this will surely not lead us any where, will it?

So, my friend George I hope you now understand me better. I hope there is no hard feelings now. I wish now to stop responding to such items in future & seriously get back to the Academics & Engineering businesses of this LIST which I like & enjoy so much. Best regards,

SYED FAIZ AHMAD; MENGG, MASCE
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
SAUDI OGER LTD
RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA.