A New SEA Chapter ???

I am trying to get information regarding how one might begin to establish an SEA chapter.  I am a structural engineer in SC.  SC was the first to adopt the IBC 2000, yet we traditionally have not had to deal with the more stringent seismic requirements that have been required by the UBC for years.  A forum for discussing such items is desperately needed.  I have heard of an effort to begin our own chapter.  Do you know of any other persons who have started this effort?  If not, can you please offer suggestions as to how to begin our own chapter?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff Barrett, P.E. S.E.