From: sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com [mailto:sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 8:30 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: America Under Attack

The best thing moslems in the US could do would be to organize a large
multi-city pro USA patriotic demonstration.  I am hopeful this may happen
but I haven't seen anything but silence so far

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:03:50 -0400 JamesFulton(--nospam--at)Rohmhaas.com writes:

> Mr. Ahmad,
>
> We Americans share your concern about the affect these bombings have
> on the
> civilians of Afghanistan, and our military is doing everything it
> can to
> avoid them and to end this phase quickly. But remember this was
> brought
> upon
> US; there is no other choice now. The current action is necessary,
> but I
> hope
> that the first positive outcome is that soon it will allow us to be
> able to
> gain and occupy some major territory and even cities so that the
> food
> distribution process can be improved and better refuge provided for
> these
> poor people.
>
> Last night on the news was a story of an Afghan family describing
> being
> awakened at night by the sound of food packets falling on the roof
> of their
> house. These people have lived for so long under very harsh
> conditions and
> have reason for bitterness and hatred, and yet I was very struck by
> the
> calm,
> articulate demeanor of the father (thru a translator), who was
> grateful for
> the meager amount of food he got, and more so by the smiling faces
> of his
> beautiful children as they were eagerly sucking the last bit of
> peanut
> butter
> and other food from the plastic packages. (These aren't the bulging
> eyed
> demonstrators decrying death to America).
>
> My hope is that ultimately out of this action the lives of the real
> Afghan
> people can be improved too. A key to this is the role that can be
> played by
> moderate Muslim leaders here in the U.S. and abroad to educate and
> try to
> reverse current teachings of hatred against people of other
> religions.
> Moderate Muslims have been slient so far, and in doing so have not
> lived up
> to their faith. Maybe it's naive to think that any of this history
> can
> possibly change, but for the sake of us all, I hope it can.

> *
> *
> *   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
> *
> *   site at: http://www.seaint.org

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are NOT the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.