Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Overturning Load Combination?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Overturning Load Combination?
- From: "Haan, Scott M." <HaanSM(--nospam--at)ci.anchorage.ak.us>
- Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:09:20 -0800
1997 UBC 1629.1 "Allowable stres Design may used to evaluate sliding or overturning at the soil-structure interface regardless of the design approach...".
You can use .9D+-E/1.4 to determine required footing mass even if you design the footings and anchor bolts with strength / LRFD design.
The IBC does not allow you to ignore + - Ev for allowable stress design like 1997 UBC 1630.1.1 does.
Scott M Haan P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Overturning Load Combination?
- Next by Subject: PDH online continuing education news
- Previous by thread: Overturning Load Combination?
- Next by thread: non-load bearing light gauge studwalls - deflection track