Re: FW: Reinforcement detailing in coupling beam

Eric,
Thanks for your email and comment.
Here are some more information on this situation:
The steel column is existing WF10 and the wall
thickness is 18" at the lowest level and 10" at the
highest level.
The span is shorter than 4 times the beam depth, so
coupling action is applicable.
It's also notable that the steel column is at the
middle of the opening.
This column has not designed to carry any load other
than gravity. However at this situation, interaction
might occur between the coupling beam and the column.
Now, what would be happened to diagonal rebars? Shall
I transfer shear loads to the steel column? And in
that case, may I cut diagonal rebars at the column web
and provide standard hook or other means of
development?
Thanks again for your help,
Frank