Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Design of Hollow Pipe in Bending

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Your SUBJECT: line said "Hollow Pipe" but you ask about a "Hollow Pile" in
the body of your message. Which is it?

If it is the former, do you mean as a structural member? Or do you mean a
PRESSURIZED pipe (i.e. carrying fluids of some sort?)

The difference can be major.

For a pipe as a structural member, use the new AISC LRFD Third Edition spec.
Alternatively, use the design specification contained in the Hollow
Structural Sections (HSS) Connections Manual ("The Black Book").

-----Original Message-----
From: J. K. [mailto:structure_r_us(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 6:06 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Design of Hollow Pipe in Bending

Any good reference for designing a hollow pile
subjected to bending?

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********