Re: non-load bearing light gauge studwalls - deflection track

I am not so sure if there is any code jurisdiction on this type of
fabrication and assembly. It is a typical track with a "V" shape built into
its flanges that allows ceiling deflecting on it without affecting the
non-bearing stud wall below. I have not used this type of assembly myself but
used the slip track type of construction mostly.
I know a distributor in this SFO bay area carries this product. One thing
I notice, is that the company (STEELER INC.) puts out explicitly that this
deflection track product is not included in its ICBO ES #4389 report among its
other product lines. The company is located in Seattle, Washington and can be
reached at toll free number, (800)275-2279.
Hope it may help.

Chris Tse,
Sunnyvale, CA.