Steel space frame structure for large column free areas...

Dear Friends,

I have to design a stadium structure with 60 m  x 60 m column free area. I have already designed a similar structure with 40 m x 40 m column free area. For that structure I had adopted braced barrel vault as the structural system. But considering a problem of local unavailability of good fabrication contractor, I had to conceive the vault composed as a series of two hinged arches connected by horizontal and diagonal bracings to achieve the form of the vault. This resulted in slightly higher material consumption.

For the proposed stadium I want to adopt a structural system, most preferably a space frame consisting of typical repetitive elements, which can be easily fabricated and erected.

Will  anyone from our community please guide me to solve the problem? Suggestions regarding any alternative or innovative structural system are also welcome. I also need some good references on steel space frame structures to cover large column free areas.

Let us make the world beautiful with our creations.

Thanks..

--JAYANT LAKHLANI