Seismic Provisions Part III & I

Hi,
1. In Seismic Provisions Part III p.55 section 4.3a & b, do I have the wrong
understanding in designing ASD members and connections that: for A36 steel,

Allowable Stress : Fy=36
Nominal Strength (for flexure) : .66 x Fy
Design Strength : .9(resistance factor) x .66 x Fy

if so, why the reduction by Resistance factor when we have increased the
actual loads by so much in section 4.1?

2. Also in Part I section 11.2a.1 in the 4th line, what is the meaning of
"moment that can be delivered by the system", what system?
Thanks,
Joseph Harouni