AASHTO LRFD

Amy,

AASHTO actually has THREE!! different design standards:

ASD
LFD (Load Factor Design)
LRFD

ASD and LFD are found in the Standard Specifications, the most current
one that I am aware of is the 1996 edition with interims through 2000.
LRFD is a separate specification, I think the first one came out in
1994.

The load factors for ASD and LFD are in table 3.21 for the various
groups.  I suspect that the LRFD spec has a similar table.

I've yet to work on a project that uses AASHTO-LRFD.

I hope this helps

Jonathan Mallard
Design Engineer
Ralph Whitehead Associates
(804) 794-1185
(804) 378-0923 FAX
jonathan.mallard(--nospam--at)rwhitehead.com
www.rwhitehead.com