Seismic Earth Pressures on Cantilever Retaining Walls

What is the state of the practice regarding seismic pressures on cantilever
retaining walls?  Mononobe-Okobe (1926) developed a method and it has been
extended through the years.

We've all realized that peak ground accelerations can be significant in near
fault areas.  The formulation of M-O sort of falls apart at high
accelerations because (it appears to me at least) the underlying assumptions
can not deal with high accelerations (there is actually a combination of
effects such as slope of backfill, friction angle, etc.,  that make the
formulation break down).

The Seed Whitman formulation (1970) seems to still apply (mainly because it
is a vast simplification and the nasty formulation details go away).

What are people using these days?

Nick Arenson