Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Need suggestions on how to make fellow professionals design sensibly[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "str.list postquestion" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Need suggestions on how to make fellow professionals design sensibly
- From: "syed faiz ahmad" <syedfaiz23(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 18:23:14 +0300
This is further to my earlier post on the subject.
After the Structural package (drawings, structural calculations & soil report) have been submitted to the local Authority, they proceed as follows:
- Review in-house all packages of G+2 or lower height structures.
- for all G+3 & higher structures, the package is sent to the registered
Vetting Consultants. These vetting Consultants are amongst those who
are registered with the Authority as Practising Engineers. About these
Vetting Engineers, the client has a choice to give/select nominations of
three Vetting Engineers that he prefers the package for his project to be
vetted by. The Authorities use their preorgative to select one out of
three. However, the fees of the Vetting Engineer is ofcourse paid by
So you now see how the whole syetem works. Best regards,
SYED FAIZ AHMAD; MENGG, MASCE
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
SAUDI OGER LTD
RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA.
Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com
- Prev by Subject: Re: Need suggestions on how to make fellow professionals design sensibly
- Next by Subject: New AISC Manual
- Previous by thread: Re: Need suggestions on how to make fellow professionals design sensibly
- Next by thread: Re: terrorism, education and who has the biggest gun.