Re: America Under Attack

Bill, I don't usually agree with you on political questions, but I certainly
do on this one!

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA

In a message dated 10/29/01 9:49:14 AM, bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc writes:

<< They have spoken out but they haven't gotten much press. I'm not sure what

people expect. Where were the "fundamentalist" Christian representatives

speaking out against the Branch Davidians? Most of what I heard was

apologists for them, putting ALL the blame for what happened at Waco on the

Government. While I think the Clinton administration and Janet Reno were

very much to blame for the loss of life the fact is that the Branch

Davidians and especially their leader David Koresh were a pretty scarey

bunch.

And what about Mr. McVeigh? Where were the "ultra-conservatives" speaking

out against him and the "militia" movement.

Interestingly, once again all the blame was on the U.S. government from the

ultra-right. They disavowed McVeigh's participation in the Michigan militia

movement, for example, claiming "he never was involved in it." Or they say

the Murrah building was a special operation by the CIA, or that Iraq was

responsible for it.

I guess it depends on whose ox is being gored.

I believe all Americans should step up and be counted for America and

against America's enemies, but that includes FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC enemies.

If the Anthrax scare does indeed get traced back to some extreme-right

crackpots, watch for more excuses. BTW, I'm not talking about "staunch

conservatives" of which I am one. I'm talking about the folks who are so

extreme they consider George W. Bush to be a pinko. >>