Re: 2000 IBC v 1997 UBC code question

Jeff,

I can't resist.  Your loop hole is simple; use LRFD.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Duke/Fluor Daniel

----- Forwarded by Tom Hunt/DFD on 10/29/01 02:22 PM -----

                    "Jeff Barrett"
                    <jbarrett@peao       To:     <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                    fsc.com>             cc:
                                         Subject:     Re: 2000 IBC v 1997 UBC code question
                    10/29/01 02:09
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to seaint

Chuck...we are reading it as yes we do have to change our ways, and the 1/3
increase is no longer an option (with the exception for wood).  I wish we
could still take it, but we haven't found anything that will allow it.  If
somebody knows of a loop hole, please show me where I can find it in the
IBC.

Jeff Barrett, P.E. S.E.