De: T. Eric Gillham PE <teric(--nospam--at)gk2guam.com>
Para: seaoc list <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Fecha: Lunes, 29 de Octubre de 2001 01:57 a.m.
Asunto: Sheet Piles

I am almost positive that I have seen a thread regarding earthquake loads on soil retaining structures, but:
1) I can't seem to get the posts by searching the archives
2) I am particularly interested in sheet piles

We are currently looking at some 40+ year old sheet piles with wales and tie backs at a Navy wharf, and are using DM7.2 as the basis for the analysis.  I am interested in some good recent references regarding the behavior of the retained soil under dynamic loads, and especially in the loads that would be appropriate for the analysis of such animals.

Right now I have a list of references, but they are all circa 1970 or before - NOT saying that they aren't sound, but I want to cover all the bases.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

T. Eric R. Gillham PE
PO Box 3207 Agana Guam 96932
Ph:   (671) 477-9224