Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Sheet Piles[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Sheet Piles
- From: "Raul Labbé" <rlabbe(--nospam--at)ctcinternet.cl>
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 23:14:42 -0600
You may start to have a look into ' Seismic Guidelines for Ports ', from ASCE ( 1998 )
It contains information compiled from observed performance of ports during
past earthquakes. Much of case studies, and regarding sheet-piles, it provides
general guidelines, and it is recomending references to recent works ( 1993, 1996 ).
Also you'll see there, some guidelines for retrofits.
If you are facing a 40+ year old sheet piling, you should assess the extent of corrossion
and include the existing properties of the wall ( reduced moduli,etc. ) in your analysis.
Good luck !
- Prev by Subject: Sheet Piles
- Next by Subject: shoring lagging remove or remain?
- Previous by thread: Sheet Piles
- Next by thread: Standard Time