Re: 2000 IBC v 1999 UBC code question

What "FWIT" stands for, please?

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 18:31
Subject: RE: 2000 IBC v 1999 UBC code question

It is the "2000 International RESIDENTIAL Code".

It was adopted by the Legislature in May, and went into effect in September,
affecting all one- and two-family residential structures built after January
1, 2002. There is still no statewide building code for other than
residential structures.

The catch, as I understand it, is that it has to also be individually
adopted by municipalities through enabling ordinances, and doesn't apply to
unincorporated areas (all of which makes me wonder why the legislature even
bothered).

FWIW, Texas state law specifically prohibits COUNTIES from adopting building
codes.