Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: 1/3 increase[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: 1/3 increase
- From: "Haan, Scott M." <HaanSM(--nospam--at)ci.anchorage.ak.us>
- Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:12:53 -0900
"As for the Simpson connectors I wouldn't use a 1/3 increase in any wood connection because all Simpson hardware's rated values come from COMMON nails not the box nail used on every job site. When was the last time anybody saw common nails being used? "
I never see box nails. I normally only see shortened hardened nails. Who on this list has tried to pound in flimsy box nails when hanging a bunch of joist hangers? I know why the shorter harder nails are popular here.
Scott M Haan P.E.
- Prev by Subject: 1/3 increase
- Next by Subject: Re: 1/3 increase
- Previous by thread: Re: 1/3 increase
- Next by thread: 1/3 increase