Re: 1/3 increase

----cut---

> As for the Simpson connectors I wouldn't use a 1/3
> increase in any wood connection because all Simpson
> hardware's rated values come from COMMON nails not
> the box nail used on every job site.  When was the
> last time anybody saw common nails being used?
>
> Don Carroll

1. You can not increase any Simpson connector capacity
by one-third unless specifically mentioned in the load
tables. For example, capacity of A35 is same for roof
loads and seismic loads.

2. It is rather common to use 1-1/2" Simpson nails
where common nails are not feasible and where allowed
by the catalog.

3. You are saying that box nails have more capacity
than common nails which are bigger diameter than box
nails. Where did you find this?