Plastic cover on underside of joists

Fellow engineers
Does any one have an input on the placement of plastic cover on the
underside of wood joists in a raised floor system for residential
occupancy.  My concern is the moisture level that is contained in , non
vented system, now.  Environmental engineer or the mechanical contractor
installed the plastic and mechanical ventilators to keep the underfloor
space dry, but covered the wood frming in the process.
your comments are always appreciated.
Samir Ghosn, P.E.
Harris & Associates