Re: Split Wood Columns

Roger,

	The connections are actually concealed.  They appear to consist of a
single plate notched into the wood column with two through bolts on the
column centerline.  No part of the plate is visible so the thickness and
width are not observable with a visual inspection only.

	What is left is a single shear connection with two bolts in line.  If
that's adequate, fine; but I felt that someone with the appropriate
license should check it out.

				Best regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson