From: Roger Turk [mailto:73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 8:42 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: 1/3 increase

Bill,

Are you saying that all materials *cannot* sustain higher loads when loaded
quickly than they can when they are loaded slowly?

Please say what you mean.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Bill Polhemus wrote:

. > The point is that we were all taught different things. We were all
taught
. > equally correctly, and equally wrong!