RE: Re: 1/3 increase

Finally some traffic on the web server.  I was out of town yesterday so now I have 30 thoughts to review in response to my question.  A simple question for which as usual there is no answer.

One quick response to the nail issue.  The framers are using typically Sinker of Gun nails in the field, not common.  So we ENGINEER TO and SPECIFY these nails on our drawings.  Simpson gives reduction factors in their catalogue.  Why design with 16 d commons if they are not being used?

George Richards, P. E.