RE: Future Structural Engineer

Title: RE: Future Structural Engineer

Phillip:

Perhaps you should seek work in Arkansas, where salaries are somewhat lower, and so is the standard (err ... I mean the cost) of living.  The entrance requirements there have historically been less demanding.  After all, their famous former governor promulgated a policy of "don't ask, don't tell"!  It is refreshing to read that they now have airports.  Perhaps electricity is just around the corner!

I am a licensed PE in Arkansas.  Just a few years ago, I was shocked when the Arkansas PE Board implemented a program of mandatory continuing education, considering the statewide lack of primary education!

<grinning>

Seriously, while your low GPA certainly limits the range of your initial opportunities, it does not preclude you from entering the profession.  Keep your chin up, persevere without waiting on anyone, be honest and forthcoming in your interviews, follow the great advice that others have posted today, and you will eventually find a suitable position.

Good luck!

Stan Caldwell, P.E.
Latitude:   +32.867320
Longitude:  -96.787534

Keith Fix wrote:

I had a little trouble getting a job when I first graduated, but stumbled into Arkansas when a my
first employer FLEW ME INTO TOWN for an interview.