Re: Galvanized TC Bolts

Ken,

That is correct.  The nuts are totally black from being dipped in their
special lubricant.  You can see a couple of examples at:

http://www.lejeunebolt.com/pages/bolts.html

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Duke/Fluor Daniel

----- Forwarded by Tom Hunt/DFD on 10/31/01 02:06 PM -----

                    "Ken Peoples"
                    <kspeoples@lvt       To:     <Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)d-fd.com>
                    a.net>               cc:
                                         Subject:     Re: Galvanized TC Bolts
                    10/31/01 01:42
                    PM

Tom,
Thanks for the information.  One other drawback I heard was the possibility
of the twisted off piece (is there a name for that?) falling some great
distance and going through a hardhat or causing some other damage.  Just
one
question regarding your comments: are you saying that the nuts for the
galvanized bolts are black because of the lubricant?
Thanks,
Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.

Lehigh Valley Technical Associates