Re: Future Structural Engineer

I have several bits of advice after graduating more than 40 yrs. ago.

Don't get too narrow in you search. For example consider teaching, sales,
civil engineering jobs, jobs with contractors, etc. You can go into more
narrow areas that you like later.

Visit a few engineers' offices and offer to work a few hrs. a day or week
at no pay to get some experience. If you do good, they will find a
postion for you.

Where are you located? Perhaps that is the problem. In the LA area there
are lots of jobs. There are no jobs in my home area of Illinois.

I have never had anyone ask about grades.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA