Re: Wood Fasteners [was Re: Re: 1/3 increase]

The other option is to require submittals on the nails and staples and
gun that will be used on the site.  This way you will have the chance to
either modify the nail spacing or reject the submittal as not in
compliance as conditions warrent.  Having the submittal will also give
your IBC special inspector leverage in the field for compliance with
your requirements.

It appears that most gun manufacturers produce their own nails not
necessarily in conformance with conventional common nail sizes and not
necessarily the same between the manufacturers.

--
Forrest T. Braun, P.E.