From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 10:29 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RESIDENTIAL: Dimensional Tolerances?

Assistance, please.

I have searched all my building codes, and ACI 318, and I cannot come up
with anything that would tell the contractor, or the inspector, the
acceptable tolerances for (in my case) a home foundation.

I can find lots of info about placing reinforcement but NOTHING about
keeping the dad-blamed thing close to the lines and dimensions shown on the
plans.

What am I missing, here? Are there not general requirements, or do these
have to be included as project-specific?

Please help.