Hardy Panels

A contractor recently told me of a Hardy Panel/Frame horror story where he
was forced to remove a raised floor installation of a hardy frame to a
strongwall raised floor installation. The reason he was told to remove them
was related to drift.

Simpson has no ICBO approval for this application while Hardy does. I
informed him of this and he knew what I was talking about and he stated he
presented the ICBO report and was stilled forced to remove the Hardy's.
Anyone else come across this? Also, I don't see how drift could be a reason
if one is designing using simplified base shear. This came up when he was
bidding a job I worked on that called for raised floor Hardy Panels and he
was concerned about getting screwed.

thanks,
-Gerard

Gerard Madden, PE
Design Group Manager

Duquette Engineering
10 South Third Street
San Jose, CA 95113
T: 408.494.0944 - ext 102
F: 408.494.0940
E: gmadden(--nospam--at)duquette-eng.com
w: www.duquette-eng.com