Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Roof noises[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Roof noises
- From: "edjonson" <edjonson(--nospam--at)email.msn.com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 21:28:49 -0800
I have a house that i did a seismic upgrade on. The owners are complaining about noises coming from the roof. The noises have decreased from the summer, but are still loud enough to be annoying. One of the upgrades was to add OSB sheathing over existing 2x car decking. On top of this is 4" of insulation, 1x4 sleepers, OSB sheathing and metal roof deck. The house has always had a metal roof on it and the owners claim that the noises started when the OSB was fastened to the car decking and prior to installing the new metal roof.
Has anybody ever had any noise problems with adding OSB or CDX sheathing over car decking?
Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- Prev by Subject: Re: roof deck, joist camber, connection
- Next by Subject: Roof noises II
- Previous by thread: Re: Hardy Panels
- Next by thread: Need help with cable-stayed bridges