RE: Hardy Panels

Gerry

Drift is affected by the compressive forces due to overturning creating
deformation on the sill plate. But you are absolutely correct that it should
not be a factor if you are using the simplified method. You may have to
clarify this point for whoever is bringing this issue up.

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA