From: Keith De Lapp [mailto:kdl(--nospam--at)directcon.net]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 9:00 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Hardy Panels

My understanding of the Strongwall, is that since its performance under
testing has demonstrated good drift characteristics, the ICBO allows the
product to exceed the allowable shear wall aspect ratio.  I believe the
whole point of limiting the aspect ratio is, in effect controlling drift in
light of the limited test data available for slender shear panels.  It seems
that Simpson recongnized this and some what centered their product testing
around this issue.  I am not familiar with the Hardy product.

Just for the record what was the aspect ratio of the in situation you
described.

Keith De Lapp