RE: holdown post net section combined tension and bending from ho ldown eccentricity

Dan:

I think I remember the article you are talking about in "Structural
Engineer" too.  The Zone 4 catalog and "Structure" article I read indicated
to use the eccentricity from face of the post to the center of the anchor
rod to determine the moment in the post.  Shouldn't the eccentricity be from
the center of the anchor rod to the center of the post?

The guy from Zone 4 indicated that other jurisdictions were strictly
enforcing this in the lower 48.

Thanks.

Scott M Haan P.E.
Plan Review Engineer