From: Peter James [mailto:pjames(--nospam--at)novatech-eng.com]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 10:19 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Field Safety Manual

This may be a bit away from the focus of the group, but hey, why not ask?

As part of our compliance with Health & Safety Legislation, I've become
responsible for producing a field safety manual for two classes of
employees:

Survey crews who spend most of their time in the field (typically civil
layout work), and

Engineers or inspectors who make occasional site visits at all stages of
construction (civil & structural) to inspect or review work underway.

I'd rather not start from scratch (!), so I've undertaken a couple of web
searches - but not too successfully. I've found, for example, the USACE
Engineers Safety Manual, but that appears to be mainly directed at
contractors, for use by the engineer. I'm hoping to find something
specifically directed at consulting engineers.

Does anyone have any good links, or references to a suitable model document?

TIA,

Peter James