AISC Manual "Thumb Cuts"

Charlie:

The AISC Manual thumb cuts have always been very useful.  AISC should
continue to use these "Digital Hyperlinks".

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo, CA

*****************************

                    "Carter,
                    Charlie"             To:     "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                    <carter@aiscmai
                    l.com>               cc:
                    11/12/01 11:52
                    AM                   Subject:     RE: Anyone Get Their New AISC Manual?.
                    Please respond
                    to seaint                                                                                    .

>I had ordered the new Third Edition
>AISC "Manual of Steel Construction" a
>few weeks back, and I was wondering if
>anyone else has received it? I know
>it was just published and I'm wondering
>if perhaps they were inundated with
>orders. At least it seems like-in this
>day of "instant fulfillment"-it is
>taking awhile to show up.

The ink is dry. The binding is glued. The last of the thumb cuts are being
cut. They'll ship to our warehouse this week and be shipped out to you just
as soon as they can tear open the big boxes and find a smaller one to stuff
them in.

Incidentally, we at AISC wonder if those of you out there using the Manual
find the thumb cuts useful for finding the respective sections in the
Manual. Should we continue to use them on future Manuals?

Charlie

the views of the company.