Re: Anyone Get Their New AISC Manual?

Title: RE: Anyone Get Their New AISC Manual?
Yes, keep the thumb cuts.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 12:52 PM
Subject: RE: Anyone Get Their New AISC Manual?

>I had ordered the new Third Edition
>AISC "Manual of Steel Construction" a
>few weeks back, and I was wondering if
>anyone else has received it? I know
>it was just published and I'm wondering
>if perhaps they were inundated with
>orders. At least it seems like-in this
>day of "instant fulfillment"-it is
>taking awhile to show up.

The ink is dry. The binding is glued. The last of the thumb cuts are being cut. They'll ship to our warehouse this week and be shipped out to you just as soon as they can tear open the big boxes and find a smaller one to stuff them in.

Incidentally, we at AISC wonder if those of you out there using the Manual find the thumb cuts useful for finding the respective sections in the Manual. Should we continue to use them on future Manuals?

Charlie