Cable-stayed bridges

Hello Dear Friends,

I appreciatte your help, but I need you to tell me how exactly I have to model the cable behaviour of cable-stayed bridges using SAP2000. You told me about temperature loads, but how exactly I can do it. I know that cables start with the permanent load case where I have to compute "a priori" the axial forces under permanent loads, it's OK, but how can I find the shortening and the actual axial loads under the permanente loads. I'd be grateful for your help, and I apologize because I'm a beginner on this topic.

Regards,

José Velásquez

http://www.latinmail.com.  Gratuito, latino y en español.