From: José Velásquez [mailto:josemvv(--nospam--at)LatinMail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 4:01 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Cable-stayed bridges

Hello Dear Friends,

I appreciatte your help, but I need you to tell me how exactly I have to
model the cable behaviour of cable-stayed bridges using SAP2000. You told me
about temperature loads, but how exactly I can do it. I know that cables
start with the permanent load case where I have to compute "a priori" the
axial forces under permanent loads, it's OK, but how can I find the
shortening and the actual axial loads under the permanente loads. I'd be
grateful for your help, and I apologize because I'm a beginner on this
topic.

Regards,

José Velásquez

http://www.latinmail.com.  Gratuito, latino y en español.