Tacoma Narrows bridge collapse

Dear all,

A few days back I made a post to the list regarding the  Tacoma Narrows
suspension bridge which collapsed about sixty one years ago. There has
been no response.

I am curious to learn two things in this regard.

1. Is there a final technical report covering all the aspects of failure
which is
accepted by all the experts.

2. Is it possible to construct a new bridge that would behave in the
same way as the ill fated bridge.

Thanks in advance for any useful information.

Diwali Greetings to all Indians on the list.

Cheers  ..  raghavan (MGIT , Hyderabad , India)