IBC 2305.3.10 2x2x3/16 plate washers

A week or so back there was a discussion on when 2x2x3/16 plate washers are
required. 1997 UBC 1806.6.1 just said the plate washers are required.  FEMA
368 says they are always required.   IBC 2305.3.10 specifically requires the
plate washers for 2x sills but does not specifically require them for 3x.
My take is they are not required for 3x sills by the IBC.

Is the IBC intending that plate washers are not required for 3x?

Thanks!

Scott M Haan P.E.
Plan Review Engineer
Building Safety Division