Re: Tacoma Narrows bridge collapse

k s raghavan wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> 1. Is there a final technical report covering all the aspects of failure
> which is
> accepted by all the experts.

I don't know, although there are references on the Internet as you
discovered.  There may have been a report after the collapse in 1940 (?).

> 2. Is it possible to construct a new bridge that would behave in the
> same way as the ill fated bridge.

Yes, but why.  There is a bridge in Maine that had similar dynamic
problems.  They ended up adding something to the cables or rails to change
the aerodynamics.  Sorry this isn't very clear, it was in an article I read
some years back.