Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Corporate 'Certificate of Authorization' (was Re: California Licensing Fees)

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

	We also have requirements for COMPANIES practicing engineering to have
certificates of authorization in several provinces.  In our case it is
THE COMPANY that requires the certificate; individuals can still
practice engineering as proprietors; they just can't incorporate.

	The reason (I think) is to prevent companies forming where one
"employee" (say an electrical engineer) stamps all work for the company
including structural, geotechnical, etc.

	Alberta and Saskatchewan have such requirements; B.C. does not.

  	Don't cancel your membership too quickly.


				H. Daryl Richardson

> Nels Roselund, SE wrote:
> Conrad,
> I just found out that the State of Washington requires that a company
> that offers and provides engineering services in the State of
> Washington must obtain and maintain a Certificate of Authority.  It's
> illegal for a licensed engineer to practice in the State without it.
> I've maintained my license in Washington for many years without having
> a project there -- just in case.  I guess next time around, I'll drop
> out.
> Nels Roselund
> Structural Engineer
> South San Gabriel, CA
> njineer(--nospam--at)

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********