Re: Corporate 'Certificate of Authorization' (was Re: California Licensing Fees)

Nels,

	We also have requirements for COMPANIES practicing engineering to have
certificates of authorization in several provinces.  In our case it is
THE COMPANY that requires the certificate; individuals can still
practice engineering as proprietors; they just can't incorporate.

	The reason (I think) is to prevent companies forming where one
"employee" (say an electrical engineer) stamps all work for the company
including structural, geotechnical, etc.

	Alberta and Saskatchewan have such requirements; B.C. does not.

  	Don't cancel your membership too quickly.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson