RE: Corporate 'Certificate of Authorization' (was Re: CaliforniaLicensing Fees)

Inevitably it's different in Ontario - the test here is the question of
offering services to the public, described at:

http://www.peo.on.ca/EngPractice/cofa.html

So here it explicitly applies to sole proprietors - and I wouldn't be
surprised if there are other differences between jurisdictions.

If it's "just a business licence" as suggested in a previous posting, would
it be applicable to out-of-state businesses, with no place of business in
that state?

Peter James