From: Nels Roselund, SE [mailto:njineer(--nospam--at)att.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 8:55 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: 1997 NDS Equation Error?

Buddy,

Thanks for the reference to Technical Report 12 on wood connection values.
I'm glad to see that a way to account for gaps is included in the formulas.
I've had to develop my own approach to incorporating gaps into connection
values -- I hope to find out that I was close.

Several of the factors are defined with identical rectangles -- [possibly
place holders until a committee decides on what symbol to use?].  This seems
to make the use of the formulas impossible.  When will the document be
completed?

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA